Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Who Am I

Having worked in the outdoor industry in the past I have decided that I would like to do some "work" in the industry once more and I figured that it would be fun to review the gear I love to use during my lunch break, in the evenings and on weekends. But, who am I, and how do I have the knowledge to do gear reviews? Well, let me tell you a little bit about myself. I grew up skiing for the Snowbird Sports Education Foundation, or the Snowbird Ski Team. I skied around 100 days a year and competed all around the west. During the summer months we would do other activities such as mountain biking and rock climbing. Two sports that I latched onto and now love almost as much as skiing. I also grew up as a Boy Scout and learned to love camping, but more importantly backpacking. I was able to participate in multiple 50-100 mile backpacking trips as a scout and loved every minute of it. It is something that I have continued to do now with my friends and family. While I was in college I worked at an outdoor shop called Out N Back, check out their site if you get a chance, it's not the best site in the world, but the guys at the shop really know what they are talking about. One of the best things I could have done for my knowledge of outdoor gear was to work at that shop. They have clinics with the gear reps once a week during spring and fall where they do nothing for a few hours except learn about the gear. The guys that work in that shop are some of the most knowledgeable people I have ever met when it comes to outdoor gear, and remember, I use to have clinics once a week with the gear reps. While I am now a sales/systems engineer I will always love the outdoors and I hope that by reviewing gear that I use that I'll be able to help others find good quality gear, and that I'll be able to do some "work" in the outdoor industry once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment